The Consulate General of the Philippines in Chicago wishes to inform the public that pursuant to Republic Act No. 9225, also known as the Citizenship Retention and Re-Acquisition Act of 2003, an individual, who was a natural-born Filipino citizen but lost his/her Philippine citizenship due to naturalization as a citizen of a foreign country, may now petition for reacquisition of Philippine citizenship.
Applications of individuals residing within the jurisdiction of the Consulate General of the Philippines in Chicago (Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Nebraska, South Dakota, Ohio and Wisconsin) should be submitted to the Consulate General.
I. Submission of Application
BY MAIL ONLY
(No Walk-in applications will be processed)
Applications must be sent by mail subject to the following guidelines:
1. The Petition form must be duly accomplished and notarized.
2. The original Petition form with two (2) photos (2”X2”) with white background must be submitted together with two (2) photocopies of the forms with pictures.
3. A money order in the prescribed amount of USD50.00 payable to the Philippine Consulate General Chicago must be included in the mail packet.
4. Copies of all documents required to support the Petition (see Checklist on the following link: http://chicagopcg.com/forms/newdualform.pdf) must be enclosed. The original documents can be submitted on the date of oath-taking.
5. A self-addressed and stamped envelope must be included in case the application needs to be returned after processing and evaluation.
6. The applicant will be contacted either by phone or email regarding the outcome of the evaluation, using the contact information provided in the petition form.
II. Appointment for the Oath-taking Ceremony
The Oath-taking Ceremony is held only on the following days and times:
Tuesday 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Thursday 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Upon approval of their petitions, applicants can request and will be informed of the next available dates to schedule their appointment for the oath-taking.
Please visit the following link for the complete list of holidays before making an appointment: http://chicagopcg.com/holidays2020.pdf
All applicants/petitioners approved for oath-taking must be at the Consulate General at 2:00 PM to complete the preparation of their documents. The oath taking ceremony will start at 3:00 PM. No need to get a number.